perm filename KICHA.MSG[DOC,TOB]1 blob sn#154250 filedate 1975-04-07 generic text, type T, neo UTF8
∂05-APR-75  0756		1,KIC
 Tom, There are 2 things i wanted to cover with you.Both pertain to my future
 plans - short and long.First the long
 (1)	I mailed off my resume to Rosenfeld and spoke to Sklansky at Irvine on
 the phone .He seemed very interested and wanted me to come down for an interview
 as soon as i could.I postponed it to early May (soon after the Orals).He wanted to
 know  a lot.I expect you  might get a call from him.I have sent him also my resume.
 I am applying to a few other places and would appreciate very much any help you
 can render.
 (2) 	This brings me to my short range plans.Needless to say ,i have been working 
 very hard for quite some time now and am back in the groove or state of mind with
 which i acme to Stanford 5 Yrs ago.In view of that i was optimistic of full time
 support over summer and thought i would get done TOTALLY by end of Aug and take off
 to India for a mont or so.But after talking to you and hearing Les at the Lab
 meeting i am convinced  that the sooner i take off from here the better off i
 would be.Now i have stepped up my pace even more but it looks difficult that i
 would be able to submit my thesis be end of June.End of July or mid Aug seems
 like a viable date ,considering the fact that the readers have to give me their
 comments and i have to make corrections etc.I do not like the idea of leaving Stanford
 and submitting my thesis later.I,on my part though expect to have the thesis
 completely documented by June.
 	I gave you 10 days ago 3-4 page writeup on real scenes and how to improve
 things.I am perfectly willing to work on anything related to my Thesis to earn my
 support over summer.I do not wish to be a dead weight nor am i expecting to be
 supported just for writing a thesis.In view of that i would very much appreciate
 half time support over Summer on Automation project or in fact anything else.You
 know me well enough  to know what things i am capable of doing and what not! 
 	It seems ironic and unbeleivable that i cannot be supported for 2-3 months
 over summer at my current pace.The reason i want to stay on at the lab till i finish
 is because of Visa restrictions.I cannot just go and take up a part time job somewhere
 else outside the university.Fulltime is something else if i am willing to change my
 Visa status.In view of all these i hope you can find resources to support me over
 summer.If you or Les needs to talk to me about this i would welcome it.I am sending
 you this note instead of talking to you because i thought it would be a good idea
 to make my request in writing. Thanking you in advance(!)		Kicha
 P.S   	Please confirm receipt of this note. On your final decision,i can wait for
 a couple of weeks before i start looking elsewhere.